I had a technical fail adding captions to each picture, and let the fix linger too long. I ended up writing this summary on my flight to the UK in March! So, no captions beyond the first few photos. (With all apologies to Gaurav for letting this slip!)
Here’s the gist:
- Went to UK
- Toasted Hector from Caffè Nero on arrival at Heathrow
- Got me a Renault SUV, which I continued to park poorly.
- I dined at a new Indian restaurant each night except for one. My goal was to hit all new restaurants, and I did 🙂
- I got stuck in UK due to Winter Storm Jonas shutting down the eastern side of USA.
- Had to go to London for part of my UK Visa. Spent the day in Westminster since that’s where the visa office and our Ciber office is.
- Had a great meeting with Vishal while I walked in the park along Thames near Westminster Palace.
- I had an Android phone this time so I could make calls.
- After five days of rebooking flights I got home.
- I was rather perturbed that United didn’t upgrade me on a near empty flight, then due to awful crowd management at Newark I missed my connection and sat in the lounge for eight hours.
- At least I didn’t have to shovel – we got no snow at home, or at least none from the storm.